A MAN who killed his wife and posted a photo of her bloody corpse on Facebook.

A MAN who killed his wife and posted a photo of her bloody corpse on Facebook. has been convicted of second-degree murder.
Derek Medina, from Florida, told police in a video statement he shot Jennifer Alfonso eight times after she threatened him with a knife, but the jury failed to believe it was self-defence.




The 33-year-old, who did not testify in his own defence, admitted taking a photo of the dead 27-year-old and uploading to Facebook with a post saying he expected to go to prison but was forced to kill her after suffering years of physical abuse.
It read: “I’m going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife. Love you guys, miss you guys. Take care Facebook people you will see me in the news.
“My wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore the abuse so I did what I did I hope you understand me.”

Prosecutors showed evidence suggesting the jealous husband vowed to kill Alfonso if she tried to leave him, which she told friends she planned to do and stated he could have easily overpowered his 5’6” wife without needing to kill her.
Leah Klein, state prosecutor, said: “She’s lying on the kitchen floor, soaked in her blooded clothing, and he puts on fresh clothes before he leaves.
“He doesn’t drop to his knees and say, ‘Oh, my God. I killed the love of my life even though I had to. I need to get help.’ Nope. Watch the video. He leaves calmly.

“He knew exactly what he was going to do when he went down those stairs. He was angry and he wanted her dead.”
The trial suggested the couple began fighting in their bedroom because Medina failed to wake his wife early to watch a film, as promised.
In a text message to a friend that morning in August 2013, Jennifer said she “felt like ripping his face off” and was “about to explode” because of his actions, claiming she wanted more attention.

“I just want to spend time with him but I’m not going to beg,” she wrote.
A medical examination suggested she had been cowering on her knees at the time of being shot.
His wife’s 10-year-old daughter was in an upstairs bedroom at the time and was left on her own for a number of hours while Medina turned himself in to police.


Jennifer’s mum, Caroline Knox, burst into tears when the verdict was read after six hours of jury deliberation and declined to comment to reporters.
Medina showed no emotion as he was handcuffed and led back to jail, where he has been held since the killing.
He now faces 25 years to life in prison.






Comments